Re: [DML] Volvo valve in air intake

Replacing this is quite simple. First, you want to pull off the metal
heater hose. Mine was so badly corroded, that it just broke off at
the base near the exhaust headers. But I think it just pulls out.
You will not need to worry about a plume of hot air, since it will
only rise naturally though the opening. Nothing will be above it
anyways. Then remove the valve and the ducting between the elbow in
the pontoon, and the air cleaner. Now you want to go to an autoparts
store and get a 3 1/2 inch diameter round fresh air intake hose. It
will be a snug fit around the air cleaner, but an oversized fit around
the elbow in the pontoon. What I did for this was simply cut off the
built-in connecter on the end of the new hose, and used a ty-wrap (or
a hose clamp would work) to secure it down. Now your engine will
sound a tad louder (if your paraniod enough to hear that) and you
should fell slightly more kick at higher RPMs. I would take pictures
of what I have on my car, unfortunately it is off of it right now
along with the entire intake manifold while I replace the water pump
and give a good general tune-up. Good luck.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960