Re: [DML] Should new owner be non-mechanic

Re: [DML] Should new owner be non-mechanic

Doug,

I'm sure that I'm far less mechanically inclined than you, and I worried
about the same thing before I bought my car. As with any 20 year old car,
things are either beginning to wear out, are completely worn out, or have
already worn out and have been replaced. If you can find a car that has
been well taken car of (and by somebody who knows how) you should be
alright.

Luckily though, there's a strong DeLorean community. When I bought my car,
my first additional purchase were the workshop and parts manuals from PJ
Grady and a small set of tools. Using them and using the DML's
archives, I've been able to fix most everything that's gone wrong so far.
And let me stress how not mechanically inclined I am.

I figure that I should technically be able to fix most general car
problems just as others can. But I wouldn't be able to do it without the
knowledge of those who came across the same problem before me. That's
where the DML really saves me. So my advice is to go ahead and do it. I
did it, and my DeLorean is my daily driver.

-Christian

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Doug Hornsby wrote:

> I am not an owner yet, but am looking at several cars.
> I wonder, should a non-mechanic buy one of these
> things.

[Moderator Snip]