how to clean fuel lines

Hey guys,

well here's what i'm going to do next. i need a new fuel pump for sure, so
i'm going to order a new one, plus a new suction hose. i'll get the newer
pump because i know that that one works with my fittings and stuff. i'm a
little skeptical with this older one i'm using.

in the mean time, i think i should start removing my fuel lines in the engine
compartment one by one and getting them cleaned and checked for blockage or
twisting or something crazy like that. i would like to remove every flexible
fuel line from the car that i can get to. no way do i want to touch those
metal ones under the car though. that would be a lot of work, unless there's
an easy way to flush them out that someone knows of. how about the flexible
fuel hoses under the car? are those worth the trouble of removing and
checking? if i were to jack the car up and take them off, which hoses could
be problems? as i look in the parts manual, i can't really tell which hoses
near the accumulator could be at fault. which parts numbers or ID#'s on the
DeLorean Houston site should i check out? then i'll have to get some brass
clamps i suppose.

finally, if i were take each fuel hose out of my engine compartment, what's
the best way of cleaning them, and making sure they are clean? with the
fittings on, you can't really see through them..... there must be some kind
of a cleaner that you can soak the hose in safely or something. or maybe just
compressed air? i don't know, tell me!

any other thoughts along these lines are more than welcome.

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102