From: Noah [mailto:sitz@xxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 11:41 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] fuel pump access

Right. the prevailing theory is that my hot start problems are due to a
faulty check valve. So ( the story goes ), I opened the hood, popped out
the tire and...

Lacking anything to compare it against, I have no idea whether this is
normal or not. My vehicular disection skills are definitely in the
'beginner' category, but I do know (I think) that the pump is accessed by
removing an access panel under the spare tire. That access panel (along
with at least one other panel, and in addition to most of the rest of the
luggage compartment appears to have been sealed with...well, sealant. A
black vaguely rubbery sealent. It's a bead-type seal, not a
painted-all-over-the-luggage-compartment seal.

So now what? Assuming I'm right about how to access the pump, I can crack
the seal, but how? Razor blade? Pocket knife? Teeth? Small hamster?

Open to suggestions, recommendations, step-by-step, etc. Thanks, folks. :)

Noah

"...a gang of Dadaist punks had broken into his car and installed an
expensive stereo."
_Good News From Outer Space_

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

moderator@xxxx