Re: [DML] fuel pump access

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Mike & Ann Griese" <roscsyl@xxxx> wrote:
> Noah - The sealant
> is probably an RTV type adhesive. Be sure to replace the sealant
> when you put the cover back on or you might get water in the
> trunk. >
> Mike

To make life a little simpler,DO NOT USE RTV Sealant it is oil based
and is VERY messy to use,use Siliconized Acrylic Brand Adhesive
Sealant,made by Red Devil,make sure you get the black sealant,it is
WATER BASED,and it is found at any Home Depot Store under the name
Lifetime,it comes in a 10.1 fl.oz tube that you can use a caulk gun
to apply it with,and the excess is easily water cleaned up,same if
you get some on your hands,this stuff is FAR superior,for
watersealing than RTV sealant,and is less expensive(appox.$2.00 a
tube)and can be applied between 0 degrees and 120 degree
temperatures.and has Spec230 performance,I used this stuff on a
windshield that I installed more than four years ago,and as of
today,it is still waterproof.Try it, and you will never go back to
oilbased RTV sealants.

Claude
000570