Re: Was fuel pump access Now Hard Hot Start

Re: Was fuel pump access Now Hard Hot Start

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Extreme caution should be taken when working on the fuel system. Ensure the system is depressurized prior to working on any fuel system component. This can be hazardous, so if you are not experienced with working on your DeLorean's fuel system you might consider leaving this to professionals.]

When I hear hard hot start the first thing to check is the
accumulater. You are also correct that the check valve on the fuel
pump must be there and working for the accumulater to hold up the
system rest pressure. One way to check is to remove the return line
from the accumulater and if it is full of fuel replace the
accumulater. If the problem persists then replace the check valve. If
you had a fuel pressure gauge you could be more definitive in the
analysis. If it is the origional accumulater and if it isn't bad now
it will probably fail soon anyway. Be careful not to twist the fuel
lines and kink or bend them as to replace involves lifing the body off
the frame!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757