Re: Hello list

I think that this is an excelent idea. There is a start up guide for
Bricklins that I've found on the internet. The guide takes a more
common approach at the what most owners encounter; Bringing a
vechicle out of storage rather then maintaining a currently road
worthy one. Rather then just an FAQ about the DMC-12, or a what to
look for type of guide, this could be designed for the person who has
just acquired their car. i.e. Rather then "Fuel Contamination is
common for a stored car, watch out for it.", make it more like "Now
that you've got the car, prepare to replace this, that, and this." It
could also point out things such as common knowlege of the car,
various warnings and cautions of the car, key items that should first
be repaired or replaced in bringing the car back, safety options,
etc...

Sounds like a great idea. I for one would be willing to help out any
way I could.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> I'm lobbying for helping the next guys, a section called "Start up
> facts" or "First facts" or something along those lines. FAQ
doesn't get
> it, that only told me what grade of gasoline to use.
>
> Here's the question, do you agree that it's a good idea? Will you
> contribute? If you think it's a good idea and If you'll kick in
data,
> I'll do the grunt work.
<SNIP>