Re: [DML] updates to my car troubles!

Andy

Have you checked the fuel pump is OK?

The next thing is to check out the Control pressure. Get a pressure gauge
and connect it in line with the CPR (the line which comes from the top of
the fuel distributor). Check your workshop manual (mine is not to hand) but
it explains how to check it out. The pressure should be around 40-50psi cold
and 80psi warm.

This pressure controls how far the air flow sensor travels and when cold
travels further for the same amount of air (running rich) There are 2
pressure to check the gauge open (ie allowing fuel to flow through) and
closed (ie stopping the fuel at the gauge). This basicly is what the CPR
does, open when cold (lower pressure), closed when at opperating temp.

The CPR has a bimetalic strip with a electrical heater attached. As it warms
up it stops the 'control pressure' fuel returning to the tank. Also at the
bottom of the CPR are 2 vacum connections( one supply that is 'T' ), one
goes via a delay valve. The vacum comes off the back of the intake manafold
and goes into another valve(in the coolant tube), when cold supplies the
vacum to the CPR and when warm it supplies the ignition distributor. When
you open the throttle this increases the vacum causes the bimetalic strip in
the CPR to be 'pulled back' momentarily allowing lower 'control pressure'

Hope this helps some, and is understandable. Most of this has been said
before.

Everyone experances low point and think they have unsolvable problems but
you will get there in the end. We in the DeLorean community are very lucky
to have such helpful vendors, i have spent many hours on the phone with DMC
Joe, Don Steger, Rob Grady and Steve Wynne. How they get time to help on the
phone and run their business ill never know but thanks to them all. Plus
with the DML you will get there.

Regards

Chris Spratt
Vin 16327