Re: Lift it up question SAFELY

The reason you were able to move one of the jackstands is that the
Delorean has a VERY stiff frame. If you are not on level ground you
might only be supporting the car at 3 points! As always double check
the car before you go under. If you are really paranoid also keep the
hydralic floor jack under it as back-up. I don't think supporting the
cat at the sway bar bushings is a good idea, it is the crumple zone, a
better place is either under the lower control arms or the frame to
either side of center just in front of the fuel tank.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> For my 2 cents and a slight scare:
>
> I picked up the front of my DeLorean using a floor jack with a wood
block
> for padding. I sat the car down on a pair of heavy duty jack
stands, both
> adjusted to the same height. They were supporting the car on the
clamps
> that hold the sway bar bushings. I push the car slightly as usual
to make
> sure everything was solid, and it appeared to be. I crawl under the
car
> with a mechanics creeper and knock one of the jack stands loose. I
thought,
> "What the @#$%!"
>
> Anyone have any explanations? Otherwise, the car seemed solidly
supported