Trunk Release Cable

Ok, I've got a new one. After I had speakers mounted to the kick
panels in my car, the trunk was unable to open because the speaker
was in the way of the handle. The fix for this by the guy who
installed the speakers was to loosen the handle so I could "bend" the
handle out far enought to clear the speaker. Long story short, the
stress placed onto the cable from this, and from when the handle kept
falling off snapped the cable right @ the handle.

So my question is this: Does any one here have any ideas as to 1.
Extend the bolt out a little farther. or 2. Know of an assembly from
another vehicle that I could use on the D. In other words, something
that will stay above the box that I would pull straight back on
rather then being connected to a handle that hangs. Sort of like a
choke cable.

-Robert