Re: (Duke and Dave T., thanks)...More Questions!

Re: (Duke and Dave T., thanks)...More Questions!

Here's a quick run thru on what's behind all those access panels.

1. Under spare tire.
Fuel Pump
Fuel sending unit
Lower fill, and overflow hoses
Windshield drain

2. Left side panel w/plug.
Brake master cylinder
Brake servo
Clutch master cylinder
Lower Steering column and linkage
Bulkhead bushing
Front Harness grounding point

3. Below/side gas cap.
Clutch fluid reserviour
Upper fill and overflow hoses
Fuel filler neck
Fuel ground point
Roll over valve
Front vapor hose (emissions control system)

Home Depot carries this one type of screw driver. It's in the "tool
corral" section of the store, and you may have to look a little for
it. It's made by husky, and it's a phillips head. But the thing is
almost 2' long! It will grip a bit better, and give you more torque
when removing any rusted screws (trunk, tail light, or otherwise).
Helps to keep screws from being stripped.

If a riv-nut does come loose, Bondo makes a product called Marine
epoxy. It comes in a stick form. You tear off as much as you need, and
then knead to mix. Stuff works great for stopping the nuts from
spinning.

For your radio, I've seen an aftermarket CD changer unit which splices
into the radio antenna. Rather then a direct input, it's more like a
"braodcast" signal. So to hear CD's, you tune the radio to a specific
frequency. Perhaps one of these unit's could also have a splitter
attached to switch between all external units you decide to add.

-Robert
vin 6585

p.s. If you ever remove the access panel below the gas cap, be sure
and stuff a shop rag or two in under the resivour. That way any
spilled clutch fluid will be absorbed by the rag, and won't drip onto
the frame!