Re: Fuel tank cleaning/removal omission

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, deloreanernst@xxxx wrote:
<SNIP>
>To anyone (Ed
> B. comes to mind,) who thinks the DML contains a ton of potentially
hazardous
> ideas: this is a moderated list, and the moderators do their best
watch
> over such things!
> -Wayne

The DML is a good source of both info and advice when it comes to
DeLorean repairs. But of course the DML is no substitue for the
Workshop Manual and common sense. If something is ever ommited from
something such as a procedure for a repair that someone reccomends,
then there are not only the moderators but fellow DMLer's who catch
it. Nothing that is ever discussed here on the DML is any more
hazardous then what is contained in the workshop manuals. And those
were written by the factory. No matter who works on any car you own
(i.e. you, a or a mechanic), there has never has been, nor will there
ever be a subsitute for common sense. Mechanicly overall, the
DeLorean
really isn't all that differant then other vehicles. I don't mean
just
parts wise. Many of the procedures are simualr to other cars if not
the same. Bleeding brakes, changing brake pads, changing the oil,
changing the plugs, changing belts, etc... And most shops that
service
Volvos are most time capable at tuning the engine. As much
as the DeLorean is unique on the outside, it's pretty straight
through
on the inside. Yes, it does have a few unique parts to it that other
cars don't. But I've yet to run across a car that doesn't share that
same trait with something of it's own...

-Robert