Re: Tail light cover screws

Keep in mind that the screws go into aluminum anchors set into the
plastic facia - similar to expansion anchors that you use in drywall.
These similar to the riv-nuts that are used into the fiberglass all
over the car. If you try and reverse them out you will probably just
end up with about a 1/2" hole ripped or melted into the facia under
each screw location.

It's probably best to drill out the heads of the screws, remove the
light assemblies, then carefully re-tap the aluminum anchors or
replace them with Molly Bolts (Drywall anchors) or something similar.

For everyone else, even if your screws are still in good shape, this
is a great application for some anti-sieze compound since you are
putting steel screws into aluminum anchors. I use anti-sieze on
anything going into the aluminum body rivnuts.

Dave Swingle