Intermittant tail light

Day 13, my first actual repair. Left tail light didn't work. Easy
access, easy repair. Take out the 6 screws, push gently on the plastic
catch on the inside, unplug the connector and you've got the board and
bulbs in your hands. The way this is made, many bad or intermittent
connections have to occur on these light assemblies. Much riveting, no
soldering. I hooked up the board without the lenses and my tail light
would come on by moving the socket. Bad, connection to the shell of the
bulb. The solution, solder it. Clean off a little spot on each side of
the socket shell and strip, (sand it, scrape it, whatever) and solder it
to the strip. When you solder, use soldering paste, no acid flux or
core. I don't really want a big argument about using paste, I'm older
than you and I've been doing it longer than you and I don't want to
explain the why of it at this time, maybe later. Thanks.