Re: [DML] Broken Hood Release Cable-Security!!!

Re: [DML] Broken Hood Release Cable-Security!!!

Jason, List,

I have been reading this list for only about 2 years, the hood release thing
has been mentioned before with similar comments.
I would not like to be faced with your problem, and that is why I rigged an
"emergency" extra cable, made out of very thin flexible stainless steel, it
attaches to the bottom of the release clip and loops around the fixed buffer
thingy just in front of the windshield. If you need to use it, then you just
have to fish for the end and pull sharply. It is most unlikely that any
unauthorised person would find it, or know what it was, and anyway I don't
keep much of great value in there anyway.
I did this because on the Right Hand Drive cars things are all changed
around in the spare wheel area I would "no way" be able to release the
bonnet ( hood) from underneath.

I have done similar with the engine cover, but that is much easier to get at
anyway.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but prevention is better than cure.

Chris P DOC UK

[Entire quoted thread snipped by moderator]