Re: [DML] Broken Hood Release Cable-Security!!!

Re: [DML] Broken Hood Release Cable-Security!!!

Just wanted to share my experience off on a tangent about "breaking into a
DeLorean" . . .

Don't know if you folks remember, but I was the fellow that was lucky
enough to get his drivers door jammed while the car was running in the
garage and the only key was inside. (And of course the driver was outside
the car, and the passenger door was locked.)

I was able to shut the car down (thank you list!) and ended up calling a
local locksmith to get the car open.

The long of the short of it? It only took this young fellow 5 minutes
with a key blank and a file to get into the car - and he could have done
most of the work away from the car. (That is he only would have needed a
few quick contacts with the car to get things done.)

What Jason said is correct - if the professional wants into your car,
they'll get in.