Good point, Roger, on the D:

<<Is it a "super car"? Opinions may differ, but in my opinion it is.
In the January 2001 issue of Sports Car there is an article titled "Saleen
Supercar Shocker". Yes, it looks snazzier than the DeLorean, but there is a
resemblance in lines as well as design innovations and yes, it does have a
550 HP engine, however, it IS advertised as a Daily Driver -- with a price
tag of $375,000! Will it be more reliable than the DeLorean? Will any number
of them be around and driven 20 years from now? With spare parts and
technical support available? Not likely!>>

This is an excellent point, so then one has to ask: Why is the DeLorean
in this position? I think the clear answer is the BTTF movies, a
connection that many DeLorean owners may try to play down, but
ulimately I don't think you really can. In the end, DeLorean owners
may owe more thanks to Speilberg and Zemeckis than to John
DeLorean (and I'm sure I'm not the first one to make that point.)

Richard