Re: Storage

I consider car "storage" when it's put away, covered up and you don't
touch it until the winter season is over or for whatever reason you
stor it for. If you put your car away for the winter season, but
start the car and let it run for 1/2 hour or so every two weeks like
you said I consider to be "putting away".

What I would do for the very least is add fuel stabalizer to the
tank. Obviously by starting the car and letting it idle for 1/2 hr
every two weeks until the end of the winter season, you are not going
to use all the fuel that is in your tank...meaning the same tank of
gas that was in the car at the begining of the strorage is in it when
you take it out of storage. My recomendation? If I was to store my
car during the winter, If it was snowing out I would regularly go out
to the garage and start the engine to get it worked in. If it's just
cold out with no snow/salt on the ground take it around the block a
couple of times to get all the fluid in the drive train to move
around and to give the tires a good workout, then put it away again.
I see no reason why you couldn't take you car out for a 1/2 hr spin
around the block (if there is no snow) during the winter every 2
weeks or sooner. You would only put the car in storage (untouched) if
you are going away. That is my IMHO...others will think differently
and do differently.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Watkins Family <watbmv@xxxx> wrote:
> What do we mean by storage? Some may have a different idea about
how
> long "storage" is. If I put my car in the barn for the winter but
> start it up every other week is that considered
mainstream "storage" or