Of Master Cylinders & Danrc30

I have recently been exposed to some of the grand teachings of sensei
Dan... As few of us discovered on the RI trip, Dan is an
interesting guy, but how many of you know that he bleeds stainless
steel?

When I didn't get any info about the repair history of my car out of
DMC Houston (still waiting, James!!!) I decided to heed the advice
given to me, and flush the brake, clutch, oil, and coolant systems,
in addition to getting a new brake m/c. I brought my car up to Dan's
place in Central NJ last weekend and it ended up having to stay there
a few days. He went way, way, beyond the call of duty in helping me
out with not only the brake m/c, but the clutch m/c (which was a
bitch to do), he put a self-bleeder in the coolant system, and
generally took the bull by the horns and kicked major ass for me.

Quick suggestions for other owners: the non-resevior (sp?) brake m/c
receieved from carparts.com was a waste. We had a bitch of a time
swapping the resevior, and the it leaked like a $3 -- nevermind.
Check the status of your fluids constantly -- the cluch system looked
like Montezuma's Revenge -- UGLY! And teflon fuel hoses can handle
brake fluid (we were told).

Thanks Dan -- you rock, bro.

ben
(hey dan: VIN#06976!)