Re: [DML] wanting info on smartly buying a delorean

Soma576@xxxx wrote:

> 1. in your experience, how reliable is the delorean
> as an average-driven car?

It's the best 20 year old car you can get as a daily driver. Be sure you have
enough money to spend to keep it on the road, though (I suggest at least
$1,600/year). You should expect any 20 year old car to be in the shop about once
a year for minor problems.

> is there anything fatal i should be looking for when
> looking at a delorean for sale?
Check out the various buyer's guides on the Internet. The DOA website has a
"buyer's tips" page, DMC Houston has a "Car Inspection Checklist" and the DMC
News website has a shorter "New Owner Checklist."

> finally - is there anyone out there who knows where i can get a
> good condition delorean in the upper midwest?

Is Ohio too low in the Midwest for you?

A few weeks ago I saw a very nice DeLorean that Dave Bauerle recently put up for
sale at his DeLorean service facility in central Ohio. His wife was roadtesting
it by using it as a daily driver for a few weeks, and she said it had been very
reliable. Call him at (740) 595-3348 to see if that DeLorean has been sold. I
consider Dave to be very honest and would not hesitate to buy from him. His last
name is pronounced Bow-er-lee.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280, 7 years