Re: [DML] Re:1982 DMC is concours?

Marc A Levy wrote:
"...Points should be deducted on cars that do NOT have the well known safety
and
reliability upgrades. The "Perfect" DeLorean (which is what started this
thread) should be a car that is safe and reliable to drive..."

Marc, while I don't disagree with you that our cars SHOULD have safety
upgrades performed, I don't know how this could be incorporated into a
concourse judging system. In order for the judging to be fair, all safety
upgrades would have to be captured in some sort of list (making this list
would be good for all of us.) along with the "concourse-acceptable" method of
making the upgrade. And who decides what the acceptable upgrade is? If
everyone agrees that the original Ducy alternator is a lemon, then is a
Motorola the only acceptable replacement? What if I could show that a
certain Chevy alternator is more relaible, more readily available, cheaper
and has a higher output than the Motorola? It just seems that there are an
infinite number of ways to define an upgraded Delorean, but far fewer to
define an "original" Delorean.

Again, I'm not disputing the merits of safety upgrades, but I think you're
fighting a losing battle. Personally I think most concourse cars are little
more than trailer queens that might as well stay in the garage. They are
automobiles REDUCED to art.

Steve
VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")