Water in spark plug holes (was Re: Running rich)

Water in spark plug holes (was Re: Running rich)

John notes he has problems with water occasionally in his spark plug holes, which is almost always because the original plug wires are replaced with a cheaper aftermarket wire. The OEM wires have a special seal around them to prevent this, which all the aftermarket wires I have seen DON'T HAVE. Another area where trying to save a few bucks can cause more problems than if you and just bought the right part in the first place.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1
http://www.delorean.com

(SNIP)

Have you checked for water in the plug
holes or bad wires. I had the same problems with spluttering and
small back fires with spark problems on cars that I leave parked
outside. I have to blow the water out of the spark plug holes every
now and then.
John Hervey