Re: Running rich

Chris, The oxygen sensor is a good part to replace for fuel economy
if you think it's running a to rich. But with some of the other
problems your having with starting and running I would hold off on
the o2 till those problems are worked out. The problems your having
now could contaminate the new sensor so it won't work properly after
you get the starting and running problems worked out. Sound like your
car has a fireing problem. Have you checked for water in the plug
holes or bad wires. I had the same problems with spluttering and
small back fires with spark problems on cars that I leave parked
outside. I have to blow the water out of the spark plug holes every
now and then.
John Hervey

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Chris Spratt <chris@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I am in need of your expert advice. My car is running way to rich.
I have had problems starting it too, but have replaced the all the HT
stuff as i have lots of corrosion on my car. The other day my cat was
glowing red as too much unburnt fuel was getting into it. But the car
now runs but if i rev it or try to move the car it just pops and
spluters. Also when the car has been running for a while the air flap
starts juddering and there appears to be more exaust fumes.