Re: water pump dead?

The first thing I would try to do is bleed the system. Keep the header
bottle 1/2 full, pressurize the system a little with a pressure tester
and open the bleeder screw over the water pump until coolant comes
out. Recheck the level in the header bottle and then loosen the little
hose on the top right side of the radiater. Be careful not to break
off the plastic nipple on the radiater tank. Let any air out and
retighten. Recheck the level in the header bottle and rebleed the
water pump. You may have to repeat. If there is air in the pump then
it is not moving the coolant.You should not run the fans constantly
unless running the a/c It is hard on the electrical system.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Delorean17@xxxx wrote:
> Hello,
> My car gets hot really fast now. If I start it up for a minute
or two,
> the gage is near 225 so I have to turn it off. I have the cooling
fans set
> to run at all times and I also have an overheat protector from DMC
Joe on it.
> I used to get a ssssss noise when I removed the overflow cap but
I no
> longer do.(when it stayed cool) someone mentioned the water pump.
how can I