Windshieldwiper-electronics

Hello all,

I'm asking this question for a fellow-owner:
Het has a faulty wiper-controlbox...

I was checking the manuals on this and
it seems you can just unplug both sides of the
control-box and put the removed plugs into each other.
By looking at the Electrical schematic I've determined
that this should work.

I could go and just try this, but if this fires something
I'm stuck without wipers, which is not something you want
in the Netherlands... I can't miss my wipers now,
since I'm using my D as a daily driver since I had a fire
in my other car (remember the fire-extinguisher?)

The real question is: has anyone had any experience with
doing this "plug-over"? The only things I can imagine
is that you would loose wiper-delay and that the wipers
don't do a couple of wipes after using the washer/sprayer...

Thanks in advance for responding,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000