Re: DMC-12 in Phoenix

I just got my car 2 months ago with a loan. I bought it for $13,000
from a Jaguar/Pontiac dealer. I downpayed $6000 cash and got only a
$7000 loan. I was originally planning on a 4 year plan which would
put me well within reach of the car. However, when I went to go buy
the car, I was shocked when the dealer told me my financing would not
go longer than 3 years, and they gave me a higher interest rate too!
Then the dealer told me how hard of a time they had getting any bank
to finance it. They finally got thier primary bank (Firstar) to get
the loan only after several calls. I asked them why this was so and
all they would tell me was because of the car's age. Just goes to
show you what a lot of people think of the car. What I would
recommend is showing your bank a copy of DMC Houston's insurance
letter. If they know that this 19 year old car is by no means a
junker, and acually quite a collector, I would imagine they would me
more positive about giving you the money for it. On a side note
about
your potential car, I say GO FOR IT!!! It sounds great, with great
miles, and a VERY great price! Who cares if it needs front ties, get
some Yokos for $200 bucks and your set to go!! For less than
$12,000,
I would NOT pass this puppy up! Good Luck Man!!!

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, azelin242@xxxx wrote:
> Now here's an interesting question. When members of this list
> purchased their cars (especialy those who bought them recently),
how
> much grief did the banks / financial institutions give you over
> financing a car that age? My bank is asking for a 20% down payment,
> an insurance binder for full coverage, with a $250 deductible, a
copy
> of the bill of sale, photographs of the car (front, rear, both
sides
> and interior) and an inspection report. Did you all have to provide
> that? If not, can anyone reccomend a place that is actualy FRIENDLY
> towards people purchasing DeLoreans? My bank is just giving me a
> really hard time. I can understand a lot of what they are asking
for,
> but the attitude (why are you paying so much for such an old car?)
is