DMC-12 in Phoenix

Well, I looked at a potential DeLorean for myself today. I is an '81
(aug 81 build date, number 3425. It has 14k miles on it, and the
owner is asking less than $12,000 for it. The interior is immaculate,
with 2 loose trim pieces and a very small area of wear on the drivers
seat being the only damage. The bodywork is all immaculate, save a
small (less than 1") scratch on the front drivers side fender, and a
few little chips in the paint on the louvers. The frame is very good,
only showing a few places where the epoxy has come off, and almost no
rust. (what rust there is, is mainly on the tie-downs) The engine is
clean, runs smoothly, and strongly. The car rides smoothly, with no
noises, no transmission bugs, and no noticeable problems. The doors
don't sag, and there are no electrical problems.

The only gripes I have are the fact that the front tires need to be
replaced (they are a bit old), and a few minor cosmetic items. I am
fairly sure that the alternator needs to be changed, too. I'll be
honest with everyone. I had a hard time tearing myself away from it.
It certainly seems to me, to be a great buy. I'd expect to pay
upwards of $15 grand for this car.

Now here's an interesting question. When members of this list
purchased their cars (especialy those who bought them recently), how
much grief did the banks / financial institutions give you over
financing a car that age? My bank is asking for a 20% down payment,
an insurance binder for full coverage, with a $250 deductible, a copy
of the bill of sale, photographs of the car (front, rear, both sides
and interior) and an inspection report. Did you all have to provide
that? If not, can anyone reccomend a place that is actualy FRIENDLY
towards people purchasing DeLoreans? My bank is just giving me a
really hard time. I can understand a lot of what they are asking for,
but the attitude (why are you paying so much for such an old car?) is
really annoying. I'd like to be able to get my loan and get my car
easily, with less personality hassle. :P

Thanks, DMCers
Luke