first problem - help please!

I've been driving my new D for about a month now, and I've encountered my first major problem. It was wet and rainy this morning and most southern CA drivers are instant idiots (Just add Water!), so the traffic was horrible - very start and stop. Anyway, finally got to the office, and as I exited the car, I heard the radiator fans running. I didn't think too much of it because of the gridlock, in fact, I expected it, an figured that it meant that my fans were operating correctly. Unfortunately, I believe that they did not shut off, but kept running until the battery ran out of juice. Also, in retrospect, it sounded like they were running louder than I had heard before (even though the temperature guage had never gone over 220) The lights were off, no interior lights were on, no radio, etc.

Assuming that I am correct about the fans staying on, where should I start to look for this? Any place else anyone would suggest looking for a battery drain of some type? There has been no prior evidence of any type of drainage like this, and no indication of a problem from the previous owner. I'll get the car jump-started at the end of the workday, and drive it straight home. I can fully charge the battery there, if needed.

Unrelated question: last night, while at the gas station, a fellow complimented me on the car, then informed me that he used to live next to the factory where the Deloreans were built, in Costa Msa, CA (LA area) I (politely) informed him that the cars were built in Ireland, then suggested that perhaps this was one of the final assembly/QA centers. Was one of these in the LA area?

Thanks,
Dave
vin #16367

YourName@xxxx -- it's free from <a href="http://www.delorean.com";> DeLorean Motor Company</a>!