Main Wiring Circuit

I need some help in fixing my Temp Gauge. Since I bought my "D" 8 months ago
I have not had a working temp gauge. We have disassembled the binnacle and
changed gauges but this did not fix the proplem. On the main wiring curcuit
on page M:18:23 the diagram shows the gauge being hooked up to item #246. Can
anyone tell me what that is? Is it the alternator? Any suggestions to help me
get this gauge up and working would be appreciated.

Bill (11096)