Re: first problem - help please!

 You may want to check with someone like DMC Joe about a possible
wiring problem. Even on my car in the summer I bypass the otterstat
to run the fans constantly (better performance from a cooler engine),
but as soon as I turn the key to the "off" position the fans turn off
with all other accessories. To start look inside the electrical
compartment and make sure that all relays have been upgraded, all the
relay & fuse connections are corrosion/dirt free, and that nothing is
burned.
Yes, there was a Q&A center in Irvine Ca. If you check out the FAQ
on the DMC News homepage it contains scans of various documents with
the Irvine address attached.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, David Cox <dmcox@xxxx> wrote:
> I've been driving my new D for about a month now, and I've
encountered my first major problem. It was wet and rainy this
morning and most southern CA drivers are instant idiots (Just add
Water!), so the traffic was horrible - very start and stop. Anyway,
finally got to the office, and as I exited the car, I heard the
radiator fans running. I didn't think too much of it because of the
gridlock, in fact, I expected it, an figured that it meant that my
fans were operating correctly. Unfortunately, I believe that they
did not shut off, but kept running until the battery ran out of
juice. Also, in retrospect, it sounded like they were running louder
than I had heard before (even though the temperature guage had never
gone over 220) The lights were off, no interior lights were on, no
radio, etc.

> Assuming that I am correct about the fans staying on, where should
I start to look for this? Any place else anyone would suggest
looking for a battery drain of some type? There has been no prior
evidence of any type of drainage like this, and no indication of a
problem from the previous owner. I'll get the car jump-started at
the end of the workday, and drive it straight home. I can fully
charge the battery there, if needed.

> Unrelated question: last night, while at the gas station, a fellow
complimented me on the car, then informed me that he used to live
next to the factory where the Deloreans were built, in Costa Msa, CA
(LA area) I (politely) informed him that the cars were built in
Ireland, then suggested that perhaps this was one of the final
assembly/QA centers. Was one of these in the LA area?

> Thanks,
> Dave
> vin #16367

> YourName@xxxx -- it's free from <a href="http://www.delorean.com";>