The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

Well,

It's been a while since my last update, and I still haven't done very
much. I seem to have reached a point where I just wander aimlessly
around the garage looking for little tasks to complete. The trouble is,
there isn't much left for me to do right now except spend money. And I'm
not much of a fan of spending money...

I just plunked out around $1200 for new front and rear fascias, and that
puts me at the end of the available cash. I had budgeted for around
$18,000 for the whole project. I came up with that number by doing a
thorough inventory at the beginning, and figuring a 75% cost of new on
parts (I was buying as much used as possible). I then figured in an
extra 30%, because pretty much everything I ever do ends up costing me
around 30% more than I planned. But, there's still the interior (around
$1500), the body work (probably at least $1000), some glass ($300) and
new seats ($1500).

That's a lot still to spend, but overall, I'm not far off budget. I'm
actually around $1000 under. So, I'm going to treat myself to some new
tires ($300) and some stereo upgrades ($300) that I originally had not
planned on. Things are doing well... except... for that darn cash flow
problem. I'm running about $4000 short right now. But, when life hands
you lemons, ya' gotta make lemonade. And in this case, I've got to sell
that lemonade for a profit.

Many of you are familiar with my "Backside to the Future" sales.
They've helped a lot, and I thank each of you who have bought a pair.
But sales on those have been slow recently, and I still need to make a
bit more cash. Thus, I've turned to eBay with a ton of
non-DeLorean-related items. I've been fortunate enough to be able to
grab tons of surplus computer equipment from work. In addition, our
advertising section has liquidated, and I was able to purchase some
extremely high-quality professional audio and video equipment for the
low price of $650 for two Mercury Grand Marquis's full of gear. That's
a lot of gear. The eBay value of the merchandise, from what I've
figured, is around $4500. Therefore, my cash flow problem is solved.
But, listing & packing & mailing all of that equipment takes forever...
so, I'll be out of the garage for a while. That's probably fortunate,
anyway, since I have all of that equipment stacked in there right now.
You can barely see the poor car.

Since there's not much for me to do in there at present, it all works
out for the best. I'll be taking all of my body panels with boo-boos to
Dave Bauerle over in Ohio to be pounded out and rebrushed soon. By the
time they're done, I should have the rest of the cash I'll need to
complete the car.

Who would have ever thought I'd even get -this- far?

-Dave Stragand
http://www.ProjectVixen.com
Vin# 05927