Re: Bricklin

I hesitated to post this to the list, but since it is a comparison of the Delorean to the Bricklin, I thought it might be appropriate.

I too had considered a Bricklin, but unfortunately I don't fit in them (I'm 6'4"). After seeing several Bricklins, and then checking out my first Delorean, I quickly realized that the Delorean is a much more "finished" car. I hope I don't upset Bricklin owners by saying that I found the Bricklin to be more like a mediocre quality kit car than a production automobile. The Bricklin may be faster, but if it's speed you're looking for, just buy an old Trans-am or something. At the risk of being flamed, I feel the Delorean is a different class of car... it is more exotic and has more interesting technology. I am quite fond of Bricklins as well, and they certainly hold a place in automotive history, but aside from the gull wing doors, this is an apples to oranges comparison.

Eric
VIN 17065

<snip>