Re: The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

Re: The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

Dave
If you think all of the connections are correct and the problem is
running rich after changing the fuel pump my guess now would be that
the old pump was not making enough pressure. If the relief valve is
set to high and not returning fuel to the tank or a line is plugged
up
that could be a problem. Another possibility is that the cold start
valve is leaking or stuck open and the additional pressure of the new
pump has highlighted a prior underlying problem. A final possibility
is that the fuel mixture unit is way out of adjusment or the freq
valve in the lambda circuit is leaking. You might even have a bad
injector. Pull all of them and squirt them into 6 cups and see if
they
are squirting equaly.

David Teitelbaum
vin 10757