RE: [DML] The Journey Home...

Nathan,

Welcome to the family of proud Delorean owners. It sounds like you have a
few mechanical hurdles to overcome but I doubt that kept onlookers from
being impressed. :-) Sounds like you got a good deal.

The broken A/C belt is probably due to the idler pulley(s) failing. Look
how close they are to the very hot muffler! Mine were failing when I got my
D but they hadn't seized. If yours did, it would certainly make short work
of the belt.

The lack of ventilation could be a variety of things. Do any of the vents
blow? Can you hear the deflectors moving when you change the vent selection
with the mode switch? The mode switch has seen failures due to vacuum leaks
but it can be easily rebuilt (or so I've heard). If you don't have a stock
stereo then it's possible the vents have been popped off their ducting;
there are other places the ducting may have come loose. Also, I've heard of
the "squirrel cage" blower being replaced with one that turns the wrong way,
which provides about zero airflow.

Not so sure about the sticking valve. There are components on the engine
that will make a ticking or buzzing sound normally. I'd perform a
compression test before panicking. What kind of fuel economy did you get?
I realize the angle drive was broken but you know approximately how far you
drove.

Anyway, you'll get as much help as you need, want, or can tolerate here on
the list, and maybe even more-accurate assistance from your Favorite
Delorean Shop. Good luck!

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695

I'm
> cruising on the highway. I thought the engine was skipping or
something(but I couldn't
> hear it and it would only happen cruising). Found out about
> halfway home it was wind gusts pushing the rear wing(and the car down).
DOH.