The Journey Home...

Hi folks-
I got back home today from buying my D in Pennsylvania. All told,
750miles(although I couldn't tel b/c the speedometer is broken). I have
little news, the D was cruised beautifully at 70-75mph(again estimates)
without problems. I stopped often and checked for leaks, etc, but there was
none. A funny thing...my D has a rather large wing installed on it. The
rear engine design makes the D end heavy and makes the rear end squat as you
go down the road. Anyways, I keep feeling the rear squat as I'm cruising on
the highway. I thought the engine was skipping or something(but I couldn't
hear it and it would only happen cruising). Found out about halfway home it
was wind gusts pushing the rear wing(and the car down). DOH.
OK, so I've driven the D home.It was a great deal at $8500. The car has
rather loud valve noise from left side of block. So, I have a sticking valve
or valves need adjustment, etc. At worst the car will need to get a valve
job. Ventalation system is shot. No airflow from vents, even when you hear
the system running.(Vacum system problem??) A/C belt in rear has popped,
although compressor seems to turn OK by hand. Speedometer/Odometer busted.
Interior/Exterior in very good shape. Passed PA inspection so all important
things work. Transmission feels surprisingly firm--in rather good shape.
Brakes tires supurb.(Both recently replaced)

Car Data:
1982 Stainless, 5sp, Grey Int, WIDE black stripes,
new rear louvers w/high mounted stoplight and rear wing, Alpine stereo/cass
installed.
Vin#10188

Sorry for so much text but I'm happy to be home with my new Delorean. I am
finally living the dream...

Nathan E. Green
gzen21@xxxx

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph you're gonna' see
some serious s--t"
-Doc Brown: "Back to the Future"

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html