Re: [DML] Alternator Testing

Wayne,

The proper test for your alternator is to attach a voltmeter to the
alternator output, start the engine, switch on all accessories, and note the
voltage reading.
Allow the engine to idle, with all accessories on for an additional 10
minutes.
Compare the voltage between the start of the test and
after ten minutes of idle. *If the alternator is charging less than 12 volts
towards
the end of the test the alternator may be deffective.

I'm not sure if you mentioned in an earlier post that this alternator could
be a Ducellier. If it is, you may be wasting a lot of time and effort.

The Ducellier's reputation is:
Never being able to supply the voltage needed when your DeLorean needs it
most; and completely failing, while your in traffic, on a hot summer
afternoon, while it is raining.

*Faulty ground connections anywhere in the electrical system can produce
false readings.

"We're here to help you"

DMC Help / De Lorean Services / <dmchelp@xxxx>
Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>