Re: [DML] "no start" is cured

In a message dated 7/14/00 12:45:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time, dmcjoe@xxxx
writes:

<< The Ducellier alternator is rated at 80 amps
continuous, >>

Joe- (& List)
Took my D to Sears for the free replacement battery this afternoon. Hooking
up the tester, Sears said they think the alternator is the problem, it isn't
charging the battery. My mechanic told me yesterday, looking at HIS tester,
that the BATTERY is the problem, therefore the alternator, which he said is
fine, can't charge it fully. What gives? They both said the alternator
seems to be putting out about 13 amps or a little less with the motor
running. They differ over whether that is "just fine" or "poor."The usually
gauge reads at about "8 o'clock" sometimes below the lower middle line. That
looks low to me. Lower than before a/c season. :( I'm a daily driver but
most of my driving is under 10 minutes. It's a small town. Sears is
charging the battery overnight to see if it is really the problem. I'll be
interested to see who wins this "finger pointing" contest!

-Wayne
11174