Re: Frame epoxy

I've heard that many of the first cars off the assembly line had too
thick a coating of epoxy on them which resulted in cracking. Once DMC
realized what was happening, a thinner coat was applied to all
chassis after that. I don't know of a VIN cut off number where the
change was put into effect, but I'm pretty sure it happened sometime
in mid '81. While there are suttle variations for certain cosmetic
components and parts, there really isn't a huge differance between
all year models. Judging by the progress & habits of the company,
the DMC-12 probably wouldn't have had a noticible makeover untill
1986.

-Robert
vin 6585