Re: Frame epoxy

My suspicion is that you are referring to the later cars that were
undercoated al la "Ziebart" after they sat in storage at the prep
centers for a while. I've seen this on many 1982-production cars. It
is a black wax substance sprayed over the normal grey epoxy. In the
beginning it probably did some good as far as retarting moisture, but
now is it brittle and flaking off too. At this point in time it is
probably not doing any good, and may be causing some moisture-
retention problems that the epoxy does.

IMHO it makes working on the bottom of the car a pain in the neck.
Some of the application was done non-to-carefully and really makes a
mess when you go to take things apart such as fuel filters and
cooling piping.

Dave Swingle
5429

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxx> wrote:

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, intelisens@xxxx wrote:
> > I understand that there was a new process used on the 1983
Deloreon
> > frames that prevented corrosion. I heard that the epoxy used on
the