Re: [DML] Fuel Tank Closing Plate

The less amount of gas in the tank the better. Usually the tank itself is wedged tight in the frame and you don't need to worry about it dropping out on you. Check the bolt holes on the plate and frame for rust and repaint as needed. This is where the A/C drain water goes.

What I did to get my tank out was use a piece of piano wire and cut through the foam cushions holding the tank in place. DO NOT try to use a pry bar or screwdriver on the tank, it is plastic and you may poke a hole in it. Make sure you have disconnected all the hoses and wires on the
top side first. The rear of the tank comes down first, the front sits on the crossmember, slide the tank to the rear and the front will drop down.When you have the tank out you may want to replace the two rubber fuel line hoses to the fuel pump at this time.

Getting the tank out is no easy task. If you start getting frustrated, walk away and come back later. Good luck.

Dave Sontos
VIN 02573