Re: [DML] Camshaft

INCORRECT!

This is a common rumor that is associated with the PRV-6
(Peugeot-Renault-Volvo) The fact is that the pre 1980 and early 80 PRV's
suffered from "soft cams" and wore out prematurely. This engine was
primarily used in the Volvo 260 GLE series cars. Poorly maintained cars
could see valve problems as early as 60k miles. And so began
the reputation of "soft cams".

In early 1980, after seeing excessive premature camshaft failure, the PRV
factory
modified the cams to a hardened alloy. All DeLorean engines have the
hardened cams with better oiling. DeLorean camshaft failure up to 100k miles
is less
than 1%. A properly maintained PRV should see 150k to 200k miles before
camshaft ware becomes evident.

It is unlikely your rough running problem is related to the cams unless
someone has incorrectly adjusted the valve lash.

The Volvo version has several differences from the DeLorean version and is
not directly interchangeable.

"We're here to help you"; See you in Cleveland!

DMC Joe / De Lorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>
.