Camshaft

We are trying to isolate a rough-running problem in our car. We
suspect the injection system but have tried everything in our ability
with no success. We normally do all the work ourselves
but a bad back problem has forced me to give my car to a local shop.
The local shop has told us that these engines are very prone to
camshaft failure because of a poor lubrication design. Our car has
82k on it. At what mileage do the camshafts start to wear badly and
what are the symptoms? We did a compression test before buying the
car and all readings were between 155 and 165psi. If the camshafts
are bad are they difficult to replace and is there a solution to the
lubrication problem? If this is a very costly procedure is it better
to simply buy a good used VOLVO B28 engine? Is the engine from th
volvo car identical to the DMC engine and does it mate directly to
the DMC gearbox?