[DML] Re: Carpet Color (the real story)

Up until VIN 10574 there were only two different carpet colors, dark grey (considered 'black' and used in the cars with black seats, dashes, etc) and light grey (used in the cars with grey seats, dashes, etc). After 10574 they went to an all light grey for the carpets. This later carpet has a "smooth" finish to it as opposed to the two earlier carpets. I was told by a former DMC employee that this was done to lighten up the interiors on the cars with black seats, dashes, etc. The one "oops" of that plan is that the bottom of the door panels have a narrow strip of carpet on them. On a late (post-10754) black interior car, the door panels are black vinyl with a narrow strip of grey carpet and vinyl.

Download the interior components chart from our website for the most comprehensive listing of interior parts/part numbers.

http://www.delorean.com/interior.pdf

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1
http://www.usadmc.com

Do any 1983 DeLoreans have completely black interiors?

John
#16822 w/ dual color interior