RE: [DML] Luggage Rack

I haven't found any wedge shaped cases, but I recently bought some
waterproof soft-side luggage for our Miata that looks as though it will
work nicely.

You can see it at: http://www.performancebuyers.com/Items.asp?Area=luggage
and look at both the #13002 Cargo bag, and the 13007 Touring luggage for
the complete description. The two are the same except that the cargo bag is
one BIG bag and the Touring luggage is two smaller bags that fasten
together (his and hers).

We bought the "Touring Luggage" that consists of two bags that, in the case
of the Miata, "mount securely to trunk lid with or without a rack using an
8-point mounting system. Uses car cover fabric on a mounting pad to protect
your car's finish. Overall dimensions of the two bags fastened together is
approx. 38" x 18" x 9"." (I paraphrased some of the advertising for this)

I plan to just strap the bags to the DeLorean luggage rack, and I expect
that it will work just fine. I haven't decided if I'll use the straps that
were included with the luggage, or just use bungies. But in either case,
the luggage itself is very well built, and looks extremely water resistant.
We've had it in rain storms now about 3 times with absolutely no leakage.

Mark N
VIN 6820