Re: [DML] Please Take Survey

After having mine broken X2 by incompetent mechanics, & X1 by me, my brother decided epoxy was not the way. He thus fabricated a metal rheostat plate making the switch now better than any original. It's nice having dash lights, again! Drive Stainless Robert VIN 6924

From: Marc A Levy <malevy@xxxx>
To: DMC News <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DML] Please Take Survey
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:09:08 -0400

After my dimmer control went a few weeks back, I started to do some
research on replacing it. I tried the obvious DMC part suppliers and
found it was a "rare" part, priced at $125!

To make a long story short, I did not find any off the shelf parts that
would work. I did however find a few possibilities for replacement that
may or may not require some modification to work correctly.

While I had my old/broken one apart to take measurements and such, I
realized that I could probably fix the old one with some epoxy. There
was no way I was going to have a replacement by the Ohio show... The
old switch is back together now and seems to work OK on the meter, I
have not yet installed it back in the car.

So, with my problem solved (I hope) I wondered how much effort I should
put in to finding a replacement. So, please take the poll below so I
can see what the interest is.

http://www.egroups.com/surveys/dmcnews?id=190586

Thanks!

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html