Re: [DML] Deloreans to help Charities

In a message dated 5/29/00 6:45:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
aabclafon@xxxx writes:

<< Has anyone ever been asked by there local town to participate in a Parade
or
some other event? Just curious. >>

Yeah, I wasn't asked, but volunteered my car for the Memorial Day Parade here
in town today (Bridgeton, NJ pop. 19,000.) I dressed it up with flags... no
BTTF stuff! Everybody seemed to enjoy it! My second event in two days.
Yesterday we were at an airshow/car show in nearby Millville, NJ. Parked
next to a beautiful, concours quality, red T-bird hardtop convertible. Man,
you could've done surgery on his engine and not get dirty. Problem is,
everybody was looking at my daily driver D, not his T-Bird ! Practically
backing up against and rubbing their Levi rivets on the guy's car to get a
good look at mine. After awhile, the poor guy moves his baby to a "safer"
location. Oh well, as Rick and I always say, nothing can "catch eyeball"
like a D!

-Wayne & Rick
"Living the Dream" but too busy to post lately!
11174