[no subject]

I am the orig. owner of VIN 6924. The "Silver Bullet" has taken me to 3 DOA Expos, as well as on various long & short road trips. The ONLY problem to ever develope on a trip was on I-70 thru Kansas to Snow Mass. A strange sound from the engine comp. eminated from a broken alt. bracket bouncing on the fins. Parts were saved, it was welded snugly upon my return home. Presto! No problem! I must say, I have seen MANY more OTHER cars sick/dead on the shoulder during many road trips, than DeLoreans. (OK, think about that a moment) Any other "sicknesses" were ordinary "bugs" common to ordinary cars & treated back to health at or near home. Pray tell, if there was an Antiques Mailing List, would the problems shared on Antique cars frighten away prospective purchasers? I daresay NOT! Is my '38 Buick more reliable than my DMC? Depends on the day. Can this comparison splash onto ANY other older vs. newer car? I would wager so. Any individual ordinary car can be a lemon, but overall, the DMC is as reliable as the owner desires. (As can be said of ANY antique vehicle) If this prospect is scarey, get a bike! (Oops, they can get sick, too---walk.) Drive Stainless Robert VIN 6924 Specialty Tag AgBULIT