[DML] Re: Get performance!!!

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 TTanaka504@xxxx wrote:

> 18 years. Yes, I have a question. Is anybody try this rotor. Could I
> please that parts impression? I hope it is better than a stock one.

Cross drilled rotors are usually not superior to stock rotors. They wear
out more quickly, in general, and are mostly good only for appearance.

> Also, I have an another question. I see many high
> performance items in the Summit's catalog. For example, a Wilwood's
> aluminum caliper, MSD ignition, high performance ignition wire, Be
> cool's universal aluminum radiator, Transmission cooler, Goodyear
> hi-miler hose etc. How do lists think those kinds of new toys? I think

The DeLorean doesn't really need brake upgrades for street driving - try a
high performance brake pad if you want better braking. Performance
Friction will make a brake pad for any application provided you can send
them a backing plate. Replacing the brake hoses and bleeding the brakes
also tend to improve braking performance.

MSD ignitions are spark boosters. Since the DeLorean tends to run out of
steam at high RPM, especially with turbo/supercharger, I think that the
fuel is just not getting lit. This would probably be a valuable upgrade.

High performance ignition wire can't hurt and is not much more expensive
than stock. Stay away from ignition wires that you have to cut to length
- it's easy to screw these up.

PJ Grady (and maybe others) make high performance radiators designed
specifically for the DeLorean. Just get one of these and don't fool with
fitting a "universal" radiator.

Transmission coolers are valuable, but again, you can get
DeLorean-specific ones, somewhere. They fit under the fender, just like
on a Porsche. Mostly useful for auto transmissions.

I'm not familiar with the Goodyear hoses... can't offer any advice there.

> some of them might fit with my Delorean. If anyone here has any kinds
> of high performance items add-on a Delorean, could you please tell us.

Best bet, so far, is to get a turbo upgrade. Other options are coming...
engine swaps are popular too (don't get me started on those, or I'll keep
talking and talking... :} )