[DML] New stereo and speakers - Perfect match!

[DML] New stereo and speakers - Perfect match!

Hello all!

I'm considering replacing the original Craig radio and speakers with something more exotic. I've been to all the websites: Sony, Philips, Alpine, Panasonic etc. But I never really found anything I liked. Im not looking for a MD or CD changer...What I'm looking for is a simple nice unit (CD and radio player) that matches the interior of the car, that is, the centre console colors: Black of course, but also the little "spirit" of the AC decal colors, namely red, blue, white, yellow.

With all these colors in mind, I set out on an impossible task. I figured that if I ever found such a unit, it would be over-styled and have a messy-looking extremely futuristic appearance. I never thought I would find anything that looked clean and straight.

Well, you know what? I found just the right unit (in my eyes) that would fit the DeLorean with a 100% match. A personal opinion of course, but check it out and tell me what you think. :)

The unit I finally found sure has style if you ask me. Again, I didn't want a spacy funky unit, but a more classic one.

(So basically I wanted a "Roswell-unit" instead of an "Independence Day-unit" if you know what I mean *L*)

The unit I found is: KENWOOD KDC-3080RA

It can only be found only on the british Kenwood site (I guess they make different units depending on where in the world you live).

The address is: www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk

Also, I was able to find exact matches for the front and rear speakers. The front speakers are 3.5" and the rear speakers 4"x10".

The front speakers are KENWOOD KFC-835C, and the rear are KFC-415C.
There are also some nice looking tweeters which I think can be easily installed on the dash right next to the A-pillars without making any modification to the DeLorean itself.

The speakers were found on the american Kenwood site at www.kenwoodusa.com

Now, does any list members got any experience with this unit? I'd love to hear your opinions on it. Perhaps one of the DOC UK members have a chance to check it out in real-life? What is the price etc? If the unit is "British Market Only", then I hope one of the DOC UK member can be of help :)

Over here in Norway, Kenwood is namely known for home applications, esp. kitchen devices, but I'm willing to take the chance *L* After all, the DeLorean is hand-made. A+ !!!

Best wishes always
Stian Birkeland
NORWAY
VIN # 6759