[DML] Auto Gear box problems.

List,

You may remember some weeks age I asked about gear changing problems with my
Auto box ( very low mileage only 900 when I bought it from a museum) We
had numerous theories, mainly concerning damage to the computer.due to
voltage spikes.....well after having a good mechanic look at it ( who had
not worked on the Reno Auto box before) he managed to pin the problem down
to a sticking solenoid in the box. He was armed with my workshop manual and
wiring diagram and a spare computer assembly, just in case. All he did after
much studying of the manual, was to put a direct electrical feed into the
electrical socket thingy connected to the g/box, and he got the solenoid
moving again, he also found a disconnected suction pipe that should have
connected to the gearbox, had never been properly
fitted................after plenty of road testing its still fine.

The car had definately been subject to both jump starting and a loose
battery connection, so the computers must be more robust than we thought.

Now the "worlds only other original RHD Delorean Automatic ( with black
interior)" can safely go to its new owner in good working order.

Chris DOC UK

Chris DOC uk